The Medium-Term Budget Policy Statement (MTBPS) proposes a five-year fiscal consolidation to narrow the budget deficit and stabilise government debt. South Africa’s public finances have been deteriorating for some time. … No budget process is easy.
Tshetlhe Litheko previews the MTBPS by asking the following key questions:
- What are the dynamics at play for the Minister?
- Will organised labour agree in the restructuring of the current dynamics?
- In June the minister spoke of debt consolidation is that still an option.
- In summary, what can we expect from the minister?
- TechZinto - 22 October 2020 Tshetlhe Litheko on Morning Express 00:10